08 June 2007

Cross-Culture...

Its been a week of family, lovely family. Getting any work done has been a challenge of note. I should have declared the week a holiday... hard to do when you have no one to declare it to. Not that I miss having someone to declare it to... fill out the leave form, submit it for approval, hold your breath, wait for the questions, watch the signature finally scrawl its way across the page and leave. Free. Now its just the opposite... wrestle with my conscience, do some work, debate the issue with myself, do some more work, steal a few hours, think of the balls I’ve dropped, do some more work. Realise that I’m free. Just a different way of getting there... I much prefer the latter.

Saying that, still managed to squeeze a few consultations in-between Billy Elliot (brilliant) and the London Eye. Working with a client on cross-cultural issues as he is now responsible for Europe and the Middle East - a long way from the cut and thrust of his home town, New York. And he is very NY. First impressions are so powerful and he knows that the little non-verbal things will go a long way in smoothing his path. Fortunately he’s big on EQ... I guess that’s why he’s the CEO.

No comments: