03 March 2008

Personal Branding Tips

I have recently added a Q&A section to my site... feel free to ask if you have any burning Image or Personal Branding queries and I will get back to you as soon as.

On that note, I thought that I would share my 'top tips' for Personal Branding.

Here we go:

  1. Find out how you are actually perceived or what your reputation is – ask a variety of people;
  2. Spend some time exploring what it is about you that is or will be memorable, different, distinct and deeply compelling to your market or audience;
  3. Ask yourself if what you are offering is authentic, if not it will only breed mistrust;
  4. Make sure that your message or what you deliver is consistent, if it is erratic, it will lose value and undermine your efforts;
  5. Create a Personal Brand statement outlining who you are, what you do, how you do it and why it is compelling… and use abridged versions of it consistently wherever appropriate;
  6. Explore how you can make your Personal Brand known to your market or audience and act on it.

No comments: