24 April 2007

Celebrity...


The worst thing about celebrity is the sense of recognition. You see them and know that you should be searching for the name so that when you pucker up with a ‘hi darling, how are you’... it’s a little more authentic. Then the realisation that actually you don’t know them at all. All a bit unsettling. Gordon Ramsay today in the Wolseley being a case in point and Stephen Fry at Scott’s last week. A momentary sense of knowing, then saving one’s self from launching into the world of groupydom. Such a fine line.

Interesting day as ever - think I’d hate it all if I knew what was coming. More kitchens and bathrooms and I know that this high-tech contemporary apartment that I am revamping is without doubt somewhere that I would be happy to live. Great news that the client and I are aligned on taste. It helps. That must be the understatement of the year!

No comments: