25 May 2007

What brand are you?

It feels as if summer has arrived, although it may well be snatched from our grasp by tomorrow. Just googled ‘bbc weather london’ and it seems that we are in for a 10C drop by Sunday. 14C is just not good enough for the end of May. Then googled ‘bbc weather cannes’ where everyone seems to be this weekend, and discovered that its 32C. I would like to lodge a formal complaint. 14C is not good enough for any time of the year and we are just a hop, skip and a jump from Cannes. Give me sunshine, sandy beaches, gently undulating waves and the whisper of a breeze... please.

Back to reality and my client yesterday really made me laugh. We were in the middle of a personal branding consultation discussing his brand attributes and his PA walked in. He asked her how she would describe him in terms of a well known brand. She said that he was a can of heinz baked beans. He looked a little bemused and she said ‘great if you are starving, nothing else left in the cupboard, better hot, with hp, on toast.’ He asked why - and she said that beans were pretty boring.... I don’t think that I have ever seen anyone laugh so much!

No comments: